Friday, December 7, 2007

in summary...


So a lot of AI-related stuff has happened since I last updated this blog. Not too much, however, to make me unable to recap the events in a five bullet summary.

Here goes:

*Last season's winner, Jordin Sparks, released an album. Unsuccessfully. She had the lowest-charting debut by an "Idol" champ, this article notes. Somewhere, Taylor Hicks is laughing. At a 50-and-older early bird buffet, most likely.

*Blake Lewis, last season's runner-up, also released an album. His first single is called "Break Anotha." I'll stop there.

*Melinda Doolittle, a sixth-season favorite also known as Shrek, has moved on to a prosperous future of Zaxby's commercials, which you can watch here.

*Fourth-season finalist Jessica Sierra's exploits continue to make headlines. Get the full story here. I think I'll skip on the possible sex tape, though...

*Season 7 auditions happened. I was there -- for part of the ordeal, at least. I also met Ryan Seacrest. My life has never been the same.

No comments: