Tuesday, January 16, 2007

mic check

Learning to love yourself, my friends, is the greatest love of all.
That message might be blurred by a variety of operatic contortions tonight, when the first round of "American Idol" hopefuls take on artists like Whitney Houston during the a cappella auditions. I'll be honest - I prefer the intensity of the actual competition to the humor of the preliminary rounds. And I realize this groups me with all of 0.01 percent of the viewing population. Blame it on my inner diva.
Still, I'm watching the premiere at a viewing party that will include a surprisingly large group of "Idol" virgins. Looks like I'll be working under an unofficial ban on all references to Scott Savol and Bucky Covington.
Oh well. I'm amped for the sixth season, and you should be too. Check the blog later tonight for updates and weigh in with your best Simon imitation.
Sorich, out.

No comments: