Wednesday, January 31, 2007

where's the love?

Who says Cupid doesn't watch AI? In the show's final moments, we got Cavett (aka: Sparkles) and her beau Darold. Hailing from Compton, they faced the judges with stomach rolls and grillz. They didn't make it Hollywood, but I haven't seen that much affection since the Reuben/Clay finale.
And the show ended with Eric Mueller, who sang off-key in a manner that wasn't especially memorable. But for some reason, Simon was intent on chasing him down after the botched audition to ask him about some "Learn to Sing Like a Star" video. That was followed by the inevitable judge banter, also known as filler material.
With that, we left Los Angeles. It's unclear how much talent the city actually yielded, but I'm looking forward to seeing some of these contestants in Hollywood.
Send me your thoughts. In the meantime, I'm off to find my own Compton-raised Darold. Just call me Sparkles.

1 comment:

mckubby said...

Sandra,

What will it take to get you on my show?

Wild Bill McKubby
wildbill@kissin993.com