Tuesday, January 16, 2007

rhapsody in a raspberry beret

So I made it through the first two hours, having gained only a hankering urge to listen to a Prince CD on my way home.
The Prince renditions were especially memorable, and I'm giving mad props to the "Kiss" medley the producers spun during the show's last 10 minutes. I also loved the girl with the fleeting memory, who reminded me of the downside of mumbling incoherently with my car radio's volume too loud.
Then there's Josh, the raspy-voiced Daughtry wannabe ordered by Simon to sing some ABBA. Then we were treated to a raspy "Copacabana," complete with excruciating facial expressions. In the end, he was eliminated...with plenty of time to savor a long night of Ex-Lax and the new Daughtry CD.
We end the night with 17 hopefuls heading to Hollywood, plenty of resurrected Charo fantasies and a reminder to never, ever underestimate the importance of a good exit.
Beginning, of course, with the door.

2 comments:

Robin Trimarchi said...

Sonya -- you are amazing!!

robin

Allison Kennedy said...

I just don't get American Idol but you are the BEST BLOGGER EVER. :)