Thursday, May 10, 2007

additional thoughts


Still haven't heard confirmation of next week's theme. I assume one song category will be Clive Davis selections as usual. Don't forget that it's the week when the contestants go to their hometowns.

Also...I've noticed more and more comments online regarding a fixed win for Jordin Sparks. Agree?

Think how quickly Ryan announced she was safe both this week and last. Moreover, the judges have been very generous in their praise of her all season. And she's certainly gotten the coveted last-performance-of-the-night spot quite a few times.

A Jordin victory would probably make the most sense for AI producers. She's young, marketable and wouldn't mess with the AI franchise like Blake could.

Can't wait to hear what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would Blake mess with the franchise? Because he sucks? Well, Fantasia sucked, too, so they should have prevented her victory, too.

Anonymous said...

I don't think they'd fix her win. she's not nearly as beloved as melinda, who they praise far more than jordin.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Jordin is definitely the best "fit" for the idol crown, but I don't think there is a "conspiracy" going on.

I'm pretty happy with the remaining three. They're all in good positions at this point to get recording contracts.

I think Jordin would help make a great final with either Blake or Melinda. I really think Melinda deserves to be in that final two with Jordin though, mainly if your talking about singing ability. Melinda is the strongest in the competition when it comes to vocals alone.

That Blake really is a talent though! I'm glad he's in this top three. It's interesting, because he kind of flew under the radar most of the way until "Bon Jovi Week". That's really when I took notice of him and took him for real. I think that performance is what pushed him ahead of his best friend, Chris, and left him as the "Last Man Standing".