Wednesday, May 23, 2007

the end is near




Yowza. It seems like just yesterday I was searching online for scantily clad pics of Antonella Barba.

Wait a minute...maybe that WAS yesterday. I think I stopped caring about these people, um, 11 weeks ago.

Anyway...Blake or Jordin? Jordin or Blake? Honestly, I could care less at this point, although I'm still rooting for Blake. Don't laugh (loudly), but for an hour I actually tried to vote for him on all three of his phone lines last night. Did I get through? No.

I'm pretty much 100 percent annoyed by Jordin at this point. I think her tears were rehearsed and fake, plus she took on the last song like she had already won the competition. Also, if you're still going to argue the producers are completely neutral, you better have a pretty darn good argument.

They picked the last song of the night -- supposedly the most influential -- and the tune clearly favored Jordin. I've always thought each contestant should have his or her own final song, one consistent with the genre of their first record.

If last night's finale dampened your spirits, take pleasure in these cool tibits:

*Sanjaya is claiming he's not really an aspiring singer after all, but rather some guy named Bill Vendall doing an art project for the Rhode Island School of Design. Yikes. Read more here.

*Looks like the so-called amateur songwriters who penned "This is My Now" aren't so amateur after all. One of the two guys has written over 150 songs for artists like John Tesh. Here's the whole story.

*Finally, savor Simon while you can. The bitterly honest judge says he's leaving AI after three more seasons, according to this article.

So see, there is an end in sight. See you guys tonight for live blogging as usual.

No comments: