Wednesday, May 9, 2007

not staying alive

No huge surprise tonight.
Regarding LaKisha's departure...I think her decline was largely a result of peaking too early and getting too much commercial attention too soon in the game. Beyond her rendition of "You're Gonna Love Me" in the 24-contestant phase, I can't name a single memorable LaKisha performance during her stay in the top 12.
I never thought she'd win, and I'm kind of smugly smiling at all the fans who in the early stages predicted she'd get the No. 1 title. Hahahaha.
LaKisha's decline, in summary, is a result of a lack of creativity. She had at least three consecutive weeks of poor song choices, a result of not knowing her talent beyond the characteristic belting.
Plus, she simply seemed to get tired...losing not only interest, but the initial spark that briefly convinced us that we really were gonna love her.
Thoughts?

2 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

True, no surprises tonight.

Anonymous said...

true, but sad. I LOVED LaKisha. Not as much as I LOVE Melinda, but I was kindof hoping for a battle of the divas for the semi-finals. At least Jordin's still in.