Wednesday, May 16, 2007

peace out, shrek

This is not a talent competition.
I remember I said that in the early stages of the competition, and a bunch of my viewing partners laughed at me and tried to disagree. Those same people said Melinda would win. Look who's laughing now.
Melinda's elimination is perhaps the best example of the fact that AI isn't a talent-driven show. Throughout the entire season, she was a technically superior artist, but lacked the personality of an Idol. Producers, in turn, seemed to downplay her because they, too, realized she wasn't marketable.
Add the fact that the gender odds were stacked against her and you have a recipe for elimination.
My support goes to Blake. I think Jordin's too much of a diva.
Sorry, Chad. But glad your 200 votes paid off.

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Just gonna have to give Jordin another voting marathon next week ;)

At this point, both Blake and Jordin will have records...even good ol' Melinda.

I definitely want to see Jordin take the crown now. At the same time, I'm glad Blake is in the final, because it will be all the more entertaining. I really do think he's a great entertainer and a cool guy.

For a while, I had wanted a Jordin/Melinda final, it was the best result I could think of, but that was until Blake really showed up about three weeks ago (Bon Jovi Week). That's when I realized this guy had some unique stuff to offer.

It's going to be good next week!

bonnie: said...

It is going to be good next week.
I took the quiz @ EW and reviewed some of the performances they were asking about, and- although I have been rooting for Blake the whole season- I chose more of Jordin's songs than I did Blake's. it was actually the British Invasion week that I chose Jordin over Blake, even though I thought his "Time of the Season" rocked. Jordin did a really good job with her I (Who Have Nothing)- which is obviously why she's sung it over & over since then (blah).
I might be the only one, but I liked "Hey Baby," too.
But I still find Blake much more interesting!

lisa mc said...

Holy shit! I can't wait till next week.

Anonymous said...

melinda lacks the personality of an idol?
and what personality does jordin have? she looks so immature when Ryan's giving the numbers to call and she's holding up her fingers and making those stupid faces.

man. so pissed about last night.