Thursday, May 24, 2007

still feeling the spark...


Wow. AI is over. For now.

Preliminary results indicate this season's finale ratings were down 19 percent from last year's, according to this article. That doesn't mean much, though, since the unofficial numbers only measured the 8-10 p.m. time frame and the show reportedly wrapped up at 10:03.

Still not surpised about Jordin's win, although it does prevent me from repeatedly uttering the infamous "I told you so." I think I'll survive.

I won't dissect Jordin's win, but I will note that this season's finale noticeably gave the 12 finalists considerably less face time than finalists of seasons past. Not sure if this was because of the pack's lackluster vocal quality, or a deliberate change in direction.

But I didn't really love it. I remember earlier finales when virtually every one of the 12 contestants got to do a duet with a celeb. Wasn't it weird that Sanjaya got his own number and Lakisha didn't even get to duet on "Wind Beneath My Wings"?

We didn't even get to see Blake and Jordin that much. And how come Jordin, who basically everyone knew would win, got stuck doing her duet with Ruben Studdard? Seriously. Could they not have pooled anyone cooler?

Anyone else think we were treated to two hours of B-list overdrive?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

you know what I REALLY didn't miss? I was so glad they didn't have some of the former seasons' LOSERS (like clay aiken or bo bice) in Jordin and Blake's hometown, yelling into microphones about how their hometown crowds were rooting for them. That was so lame when they used to do that.