Tuesday, May 15, 2007

believe in you and melinda

3. Melinda Doolitte...Randy, obviously, picks her song. Here it goes:
Song: "I Believe in You and Me"
Me: In agreement with an article I read earlier this week, I think it's kind of ironic that the judges always tell the contestants to stray away from songs by "legends" like Whitney Houston, and then pick one of those songs for them to sing. Whatever. It's inevitably a good performance, consistent with what we've grown to expect out of Melinda. Still, I'm surprised Randy didn't choose something to bring out that "edge" that the judges have spent the past couple weeks complaining about.
Randy: "That was hot. You blew it out the box."
Paula: "You were fantastic...I think one of your best performances this season."
Simon: "I think it was your best performance in the last four weeks."
Score: 8/10

Brief obligatory Seacrest/Simon banter in which Simon asks Seacrest if he's drunk. Um, shouldn't we direct that question to Paula?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no if he'd asked paula she might momentarily forget herself and pull her flask out for a little sippypoo.