Tuesday, May 15, 2007

jordin gives 'nothing' everything

Final round is contestant's choice. This should be interesting.

7. Jordin Sparks
Song: "I Who Have Nothing"
Me: Looks like the contestants are singing their favorite songs from the season, rather than their favorite songs period. Weird. Anyway, I don't really know what else to say about this song. Um, hello, I already blogged about it like four weeks ago. It's just as consistent and powerful as it was the first time...but if contestants had entirely free reign over their song choice, I kinda wish she would have been a little more creative.
Randy: "I think that was your best performance of the night."
Paula: "You just sounded really great."
Simon: "There's a part of me that hated the fact that a 17-year-old was singing a 60-year-old's song. I actually wished you'd chosen another song."
Score: 7/10

Drama, briefly. Jordin talks back to Simon -- or tries to -- by reminding him that the song he chose for her in round one was from the 1970s. Edgy, but probably not a good move at this stage in the competition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jordin is a punk. Such a teenage rebel.
I think she did this song because it let her make all those pained expressions at the camera.. that really made me think she was having severe menstrual cramps.