Wednesday, May 2, 2007

chris is not wanted

Chris got the usual "Home" as his goodbye medley song, while Phil got Carrie Underwood's cover of "I'll Stand by You."
Phil's departure upset me more than Chris', but only because it seemed like Chris was due for the boot weeks ago. His final performance of "Wanted Dead or Alive" was actually pretty good, and I noticed teary-eyed Chris got a standing ovation from all three judges. And a really long man hug from Blake.
Chris was never my favorite contestant -- although I did have a pretty big crush on him -- but I do think for a good portion of the competition he offered some pretty strong contemporary takes on older songs. Yes, he was nasally and a Justin Timberlake wannabe, but he deserved to at least beat Sanjaya.
Miss you, Chris.

No comments: