Tuesday, May 22, 2007

somebody's going home

So the show closes against the backdrop of Daughtry performing "Home" with a montage of best-of moments playing in the background. Moral of the story? You don't have to win the show to sell millions of records. Aww.
Anyway, looks like Jordin came out of tonight's episode yards beyond Blake, although I agree Blake is 10 times an entertainer. I say she'll come out as the clear choice to win, even though -- to preserve my own dignity -- I'm still rooting for Blake.
No, he's not perfect, but I think he embodies the show's spirit of pulling talent out of nowhere and making a star out of some random kid with a dream.
But again...does anyone even care who wins?
I'm more concerned with Randy's military-inspired jacket...I was waiting him to demand Seacrest drop and give him 20. Also, you had to love the D-list celebs in the audience. And was anyone else creeped out by the apparent man date between Phil and Chris Richardson?
Send me your thoughts.

6 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

...Don't think that was a "man date".

Both Jordin and Blake win, I think Jordin will take the crown though. Blake has been just as awesome as far as entertaining us. Probably one of the most entertaining "idols" ever.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Well, the phone lines have been open for me for almost 2-1/2 hours now and I haven't been able to get through yet. So, I gave Jordin 10 "text" votes and am calling it a night.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

...Ok, I tried a little bit longer and finally was able to sqeeze in 40 phone votes in between busy tones. It is now midnight here in Florida.

You need some more commentors, Sonya!

Go Jordin and good night.

Anonymous said...

Blake might be a better entertainer thanks to his beatboxing, but his vocals were an absolute mess. This is why I found him in the final 2 to be hilarious; the boy can't sing.

Amanda said...

I agree with the anonymous poster. Blake has talent, but not the kind of talent that should have survived Melinda or even Chris Sligh (yes, I still have a crush on him. Even though he's married; even though I'm now married.) If he wins, how many people are going to buy his CD? Probably the same number who bought Taylor's.

Anonymous said...

sonya your just jelous that you didnt get to sit by chrs richardson go blake i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doz any1 know if he is singl??