Tuesday, May 15, 2007

blake gets us alone

8. Blake Lewis...shows some cool footage beatboxing with Sir Mix-a-Lot to "Baby Got Back" on his trip home. Sweet.
Song: "When I Get You Alone" by Robin Thicke
Me: Looks like contestants aren't confined to the songs they sang this season, which makes Jordin's selection look significantly less creative. Hate me for liking Blake, but I think this performance is pretty cool. Another nice balance of beatboxing and actual singing that's surprisingly on-par. Bonus points for creativity give him a slight edge in this round.
Randy: "It was all right, man. It was all right."
Paula: "I think you had three great performances."
Simon: "I actually really liked that."
Score: 8/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew this song; perhaps I'd like his performance a little more. But this was definitely his best performance of the night, a close second to "This Love." I was really hoping he'd sing the whole "Baby Got Back," though.