Tuesday, May 22, 2007

blake loves, jordin fights

Coin toss. Blake wins, and he chooses going first over going second.

1. Blake
Song: "You Give Love a Bad Name"
Me: Even better than the first time, with the inevitable beatboxing. Actually, it's beatbox heavy, perhaps more so than the first version. Vocals, again, aren't incredible. But he proves he's a good entertainer, which is why he made it into the finals.
Randy: "I give you a 10 out of 10 on the beatboxing...the singing, for me, was just all right"
Paula: "I wish I could give you more than a 10."
Simon: "You're not the best singer, but you are the best performer."
Score: 9/10

2. Jordin Sparks
Song: "Fighter"
Me: Not necessarily Jordin's best, surprisingly she sounds slightly nervous. It's off-key at points, and I can't say I love it. I prefer it when she opts for ballads. Vocals aren't horrible, but I've seen better. Hopefully she'll up her game for round two.
Randy: "I feel like we've got the great entertainer against the great singer."
Paula: "You were stellar. Awesome."
Simon: "I thought the vocals actually were a bit shrieky in the middle...I'm going to call round one to Blake."
Score: 8/10

*Paula calls round one a tie.
*Randy give entertaining win to Blake, vocal win to Jordin

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Blake did GREAT on this song. I still can't fathom why he wanted to go first, or why he pulled out his big guns on the first song -- the one the audience will forget before they pick up their phones.

Jordin seemed a little out of breath, rushed, and uncomfortable with the fast-paced, lyric heavy "Stronger."

Amanda said...

Oh, and did you notice how she kept nervously pushing her bangs off her forehead? It was really distracting.