Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MY PICKS

So the top three performed without any major glitches or train wrecks, but at the same time they also didn't offer much in the way of risk-taking or uniqueness. Each singer performed three songs, and the round in which songs were chosen by the judges was ironically the worst of the night. Which again makes us question their credibility.

Melinda came out on top, almost undoubtedly. She boasted the same vocal talent we've seen in weeks past, but nicely served up some attitude-driven performances to prove she's really not that boring. And it kind of work.

Jordin didn't stumble, but hardly garnered the excessive praise from the judges that we've grown to expect. Her songs were far from lackluster -- they could be dubbed excellent, even -- but she didn't do much in the way of creativity and talking back to Simon in round three probably didn't help, either.

Blake, finally, was the worst vocally...and was pretty mediocre until his third-round take on Robin Thicke. Even though Randy criticized, Simon actually -- kinda -- sang his praises.

Who's going to the finale? Logic says Melinda and Jordin. I've never hated Blake, but the two ladies would simply be more fun to watch. And I don't think he did anything to sway new voters this week.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I thought tonight was the best so far this season. I think all three did their fans proud.

Jordin's my favorite, but I do think Blake is a great performer.

I'm getting ready to give Jordin a lot of votes in the second hour of voting coming up...it's alway too difficult to get through that first hour.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

...I just finished my voting extravaganza for Jordin. I tapped out at "200".

It became a game for me to see how long I could keep hitting redial.

At first I stopped at 150, then decided to go to 175...but, I couldn't resist only being 25 redials away from 200, so I went the rest of the way.

Jenny Fleming said...

don't diss blake.
I think he'd make the most interesting album. Maybe cause I love The Cure...

Amanda said...

I can't stand those stupid faces that blake makes when he sings. I think he just reminds me of an ex-boyfriend or something. But I would love to see him go home.

PS: I loved when he flung the mike across the stage last night. I'm kinda tiffed that no one said anything about it, though.