Tuesday, May 1, 2007

chris tries to stay alive

5. Chris Richardson...totally blows his pre-performance interview with Seacrest. First, Seacrest calls him Justin Timberlake and Chris does NOT like it. Then, when asked what he tells himself before hitting the stage, Chris says, "Just have fun." He's just oozing with creativity as usual.
Song: "Dead or Alive"
Me: Initially, I hated this performance. It started off really rough, and the fact that Chris was making scary eye faces didn't help things out. Still, he picked it up midway through the song. While it was nowhere near stellar, I think Chris did better than Jordin tonight, and I don't think we could have expected any more out of him on a rock-themed night. And the theme minimized the nasally influence, so I can't complain too much.
Randy: "You did your thing on that one."
Paula: "Great night. Good job."
Simon: "I think you did as much as you could possibly do with that song, Chris."
Score: 7/10

No comments: