Tuesday, May 1, 2007

phil's moment of glory

1. Phil Stacey
Song: "Blaze of Glory"
Me: Well...he didn't turn this song all country like I predicted. Plus, I'm not entirely convinced he practiced this song for 10 years, as he claimed in his mentoring session. And yes...as Phil predicted, his own excitement over the performance probably exceeded Jon Bon Jovi's. That said, Phil seems to be getting progressively better, and I admire his decision to avoid the all-label. He actually turned out a pretty solid vocal, and he seems to be offering more and more of a personality each week. He should be safe.
Randy: "I actually recorded that song for Jon Bon Jovi" (the obligatory name-dropping) ... "I think this is your best performance ever on this show."
Paula: "This is the best opening I think we've had all season long."
Simon: "I thought it was OK...I didn't hear any authenticity."
Score: 8/10

No comments: