Tuesday, January 22, 2008

bad 'emotions'

8:11 Time for Michael, who's apparently from some foreign country or something. He pulls out some soul and the judges are all really impressed. I say he's OK. Three-way yes.

8:12 Our first bad singer montage of the night. Ouch. I knew it was coming.

8:13 We meet Valerie, an aspiring Mariah Carey. This isn't going to turn out well. She also says she likes to laugh at the funny auditions. Again, not looking pretty. And I'm right. She sings a shriek-infused version of "Against All Odds." Simon calls it Mariah Carey's CD left outside in the sun for a year. Randy's actually pretty nice, but still gives her the no. Paula agrees.

Looks like they don't belong together after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that most of these people who get on this show and shriek like that can't possibly think they're actually any good. They're singing so loudly that they should be getting a good idea of how badly they sound.... and wouldn't their neighbors want to let them know?

lisa mc said...

They had me fooled with the Mariah chick. I thought she was going to be really good. How sad.