Wednesday, January 23, 2008

charleston's not that friendly

Of all the audition cities so far, I'd say Charleston gave us the weakest indication of the caliber of talent.

Seems like we got mainly compelling stories, but a whole bunch of denials and no amazing talent to watch for later.

The judges' decision-making skills also seemed a little skewed tonight. I'm still wondering why Air Force Lyndsy got the no, while virgin Amy is headed to Hollywood.

That said, my talent pick of the night is London, the hot blonde whose dad died of cancer. I guess I also liked the brother and sister who sang the R. Kelly duet.

Among the others...I still say Oliver was pretty cute, and who can't love the couple who met on the AI message boards?

Lemme know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

London's a great pick. She and I went to church together in Charleston a few years back. The girl can sing. Tonight's episode did not even do her justice. Her voice is absolutely amazing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was a little annoyed that they didn't pick the Air Force girl but did pick the girl who sounded like she wasn't even good enough for the Disney Channel. I think the judges let their moods affect their decisions sometimes.

Anonymous said...

well maybe she's not good under pressure. and I honestly think that people sound different live than they do on tv... from past seasons, I've gotten this impression. Sometimes a singer will sound SO off-key and then Simon told him that they were great... it's just a theory. For now.