Tuesday, January 22, 2008

how san diego ranked up

Overall, San Diego auditions weren't too bad. The one-hour format in particular was a welcome break since last week we were teetering on the edge of overkill.

Even though executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has said San Diego produced the most talent, I can't say we caught that many standouts. Maybe I'm just still a little cynical after Carly got the OK. (I'm anxious to hear you thoughts on THAT, by the way.)

Best of the best? I'm embarassed to admit it, but Samantha -- Simon's super-fan -- kind of wowed me. I also liked Michael, the guy with the cool accent.

So bad they're good? Had he not been an obvious producer plant, Alberto would have amused me. That said, I'll go with Valerie, the heavy-chested Mariah Carey wannabe.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly didn't think there was anyone good enough tonight to win the whole thing. But I guess I would have said that last year when Jordin Sparks auditioned

Anonymous said...

i agree that the acent guy was pretty good but i think jordin sparks was amazing from teh begining