Wednesday, January 30, 2008

miami's vices

Unlike Charleston and Omaha, Miami gave us a clearer indication of contestants to watch for in Hollywood. Thanks, of course, to the city's semi-pro auditioners like Syesha and Ilsy.

We also welcomed the return of bad attitudes, most memorably marked by Julie, an "American Juniors" veteran.

All in all, it wasn't too bad an episode and I actually appreciated the shortage of back stories. Something else a lot of other bloggers have noted recently...it's nice to see the return of some pretty solid judge banter. Simon's comment about checking Paula's Coca-Cola cup was priceless. And a valid concern.

Best of the best? I vote for the big girls, Brittany and Corliss. Syesha might have been the most on par vocally, but her attitude annoyed me. And, given her former role on the ABC reality competition "The One," she's kind of a reality TV whore.

Worst? Shamefully, I vote for Julie. Only because I was once thisclose to buying an "American Juniors" CD.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES I totally agree about the lack of back stories being a very positive thing. I wish that the producers would read your blog so that they'd do this every night...
Mabye back stories aren't so bad when you get into the actual competition, but I don't really need to know that some girl who isn't even going to hollywood is fighting with her dad.... you know?

Anonymous said...

JULIE WAS THE BESSSSSTTTTTT! If she makes a CD I'm totally buying it.

Anonymous said...

I liked Syesha. I'd buy her album. And I think that her attitude makes her stand out.. but it won't get her to the top 3.

Anonymous said...

I have a question for Sonya. How do they get the back story (like go to the hometown) of people who get rejected? Like the girl from a few weeks ago who was really mad when she got rejected and screamed about hating American Idol...why would she then let them come to her hometown and show her house and her mom?