Tuesday, January 29, 2008

more than corn in omaha?

Luckily, the Omaha auditions ended right when I was about to reach my breaking point. And the last singer, stellar vocalist Leo, made the show end on a pretty high note. Literally. Kind of.

This was a nice break from what we saw in Charleston, in that we got most of our bad singers in montages. Even the ousted singers who got longer air time were fairly likeable, like Ozzy Osbourne lookalike Rachael, and future AI correspondent Chris.

With some exceptions -- ie: forgot-the-lyrics guy -- the majority of the OK'd contestants seemed to show at least a fair amount of promise. Not too many I'd expect to see in the top 24, but still worthy of the judges' approval.

Best singer of the night? Naturally, self-proclaimed homecoming queen Leo. I also liked Samantha, who unfortunately was subjected to the judges' little switcheroo.

Best of the worst? Chris, who gets bonus points in my mind for both his hand stand and the gifts he gave the judges.

What did you think of tonight's episode?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was entertained by the bad ones that they chose, especially the guy who described himself as james brown. he seemed like a sweet guy

Anonymous said...

this episode didnt seen to me as entertaing as the other ones this season