Wednesday, January 16, 2008

like a virgin

8:26 Our first duo of the night sounds awful. Has anyone else noticed there's absolutely no image of Taylor Hicks on the AI backdrop here? Not saying it's a bad thing.

8:27 Oh no. It's time for a story about a "very interesting promise." Here's Bruce. He's19 and never kissed a girl. And he's a virgin. And his dad is wearing a necklace heart that supposed to belong to Bruce's future wife. Bruce has a matching key around his neck. Ryan promises he's kissed a girl today. Um, I'll be the judge of that.

Anyway, what's up with all the pure people this season?

Bruce, meanwhile, actually sounds good. I guess you have to use your lips for something when you're not making out.

The judges say he's not quite ready. He asks for advice. Randy says, "Kiss some girls."

Is it bad that I want to dirty Bruce up right now?

8:30 We meet Pia, a backup singer also known as Zpia. Yeah, that extra letter makes you really cool. But she sounds really good and the judges are really impressed. Obvious three-way yes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to tell "Bruce" that I really respect his decision with the first kiss being his wedding day, and I wish more guys would follow that thinking. Now that is a man right there ladies!

Anonymous said...

I agree, he's a good singer too so what's the real reason why they booted him? Its probably better off. Ryan's right, Hollywood would corrupt him.

Anonymous said...

Bruce: If you are reading this out there, you should know, you rock! After the audition show aired, I was sure that you would get a fan group or something on facebook, but all I see are unjustified comments about your lifestyle choice. I'm 18 and I never kissed a guy (and it's not like I'm ugly or anything), I just feel like I don't want to give myself up to someone who I don't care about.

Bruce is just a really sweet guy and it's crazy that they told him to "come back a man!" It's terrible how society/the corrupt media sends out these messages to young people (like the pre-teens watching A.I.) that they need to have intimate relationships in order to grow up... what a bad message!

So, the question is, where can I get a Bruce out there?

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with what everyone is saying. I totally respect Bruce and his amazing commitment. I'm 18 and have never kissed a guy. I made the decision to hold out for the right guy.

The world needs more guy like Bruce.