Tuesday, May 6, 2008

castro shoots his music career

Wow. Ryan's holding a weird mask and Carly Smithson's in the audience.

That means it must be time for Jason Castro!

Song: "I Shot the Sheriff"

Me: I love how, in his pre-performance interview, Jason tells us this song is by Bob Marley and then he adds, "Go figure." Anyway, Jason takes the stage with guitar as usual, and delivers something that ends up being pretty awkward. The vocals are kind of nondescript and there's some kind of cheesy element to the background music. There's a huge cheese factor, and I kind of had this feeling like I was waiting for a train wreck through the whole song. It never happened, but Jason did enough to repulse the judges. Not his adoring teenage fans, though.

Randy: "That was a really karaoke Bob Marley...there was nothing special about it."

Paula: "I've never seen you perform more to the audience than you did."

Simon: "That was utterly atrocious...I don't know what you were thinking."

Jason's response? "I was thinking Bob Marley."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaa jason is great. i have to say, tho, i hate this song, and i think it wasnt a wise choice. not a good melody and just goofy all around.. bye, jason

Anonymous said...

This song makes a mockery of the whole show and that is pretty nice

Anonymous said...

i hate ryan seacrest