Wednesday, May 14, 2008

fantasia bores me

Ford commercial. This time the kids are singing "Heaven," all while visiting a fortune teller that reveals they'll all be living the glamorous life. We'll see about that.

Some 56 million votes cast last night, Seacrest says, followed by the obligatory recap.

Now it's time for a performance by Fantasia, who sings something called "Bore Me." Success. She accurately described my reaction to this song. The whole thing is just kind of odd, as Fantasia spends the majority of her time on stage screaming and doing some seizure-like movements on the stage. Not to metion the neon red hair.

Of her hair shade she says, "I don't know, Ryan, I just tried it."

And, um, eww. I did not need to see that mock kiss with Seacrest.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That performance, if you can call it that, sucked. I think the look on Simon's face said it all.

lisa mc said...

The look on Simon's face during AND after ... best moments of the season.

Anonymous said...

simon is the man

RICHARD HYATT said...

Help me out here, Sonya.

I don't know Fantasia's hair color was new.

But what about that booty?

She can blame a hairdresser for the neon. Who does she blame for the caboose?

Anonymous said...

she has to blame those eating habits.

i'm most apalled by those ape-like dance moves. whoa.

Anonymous said...

Folks -- Ms. Fantasia pushed the innovation envelope ten more knotches with her syncopated, pulsating and super-sex-charged Bore Me performance last night on Idol. It was brilliant. She's come into her own following in the footsteps of other geniuses JB, Tina, Sly. Don't worry about Simon and the gaping mouth. He'll come around.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, when the camera showed Simon's faced, I laughed out loud. I didn't understand a single word of the song and didn't get the whole act. Who was the dude with the blue hat rapping in the balcony above the stage? That was pathetic...maybe Fantasia's success has led her to heavy drug use too. That's the only explanation I can think of...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Richard, Richard, Richard....don't you know that's it's a staus symbol with black women to have that "junk in the trunk?"

Anonymous said...

Ms. Fantasia Tore it up!!! I loved it!!! That performance was so hip and cool and fresh and interesting....how could anyone say they were bored by that, even if u didnt like it ?