Tuesday, May 13, 2008

with archuleta, awkwardly

Next round? Contestant's choice. First up, again, is David Archuleta.

Song: "With You"

Me: Really, all I wanted from this performance was to hear Archie say "boo." And not in the context of ghosts or Halloween. Mission accomplished. That aside, the performance comes off a little awkward. I applaud him for the switch in genres, but he tries too hard to make a faster tune a ballad. He even gets behind the backup singers at times. He's clearly not comfortable with this kind of stuff, and the dancing alone says it all. Looks like SOMEONE attended the Brooke White school of movement.

Randy: "I'm not sure that was the right song."

Paula: "This is another part of who you are...I think you did a great job."

Simon: "It was a little bit like a chihuahua trying to be a tiger...It's not really you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha brooke white school of movement.

love it.

I thought this whole thing was painful to watch