Tuesday, May 6, 2008

idols' rock: a hard place

Tonight's No. 1 lesson? Castro wants out.

The dreadlocked singer cheeseballed his way through his first tune, "I Shot the Sheriff," and then fumbled the lyrics on his second, "Mr. Tambourine Man." Judge Simon Cowell's prediction that he'll be the one to go home has some merit, but the night as a whole didn't offer too many standout moments.

For a 500-item song list, the contestants stuck with some pretty traditional bets. Leading the trend was David Archuleta who opted for two choices catering to his teenage fan base. And while his songs seemed devoid of originality, the judges responded with (over)excessive praise, declaring him the night's leader.

I don't get it.

Anyway, here are my song-by-song rankings:

1. David Cook, "Baba O'Reily"

2. David Archuleta, "Stand by Me"

3. Syesha Mercado, "Proud Mary"

4. Jason Castro, "Mr. Tambourine Man"

5. Syesha Mercado, "A Change Is Gonna Come"

6. David Cook, "Hungry Like the Wolf"

7. Jason Castro, "I Shot the Sheriff"

8. David Archuleta, "Love Me Tender"

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, no comments. Awesome. I am the first!

Anonymous said...

you think "Love Me Tender" catered to Archuleta's teenage fan base?? I think it did the opposite -- catered to his old lady fan base.

Seriously, those are his fans, 13-year-old and 83-year-old women.

Here are my preferences:
1. David Cook
2. Jason
3. Syesha
4. Archupuka

Going home: Jason or Syesha. It doesn't matter which because both of them are screwed eventually.

Anonymous said...

Yah not a whole lot of comments I have to say taht i stopped watching the show wehn Carly was kicked off and i cant stand the thought of syesha or archaleta wining

Anonymous said...

Going home:
David Cook. It's going to be a shocker tonight! I can feel it in my bones.

Anonymous said...

I like Jason Castro the best and not beacause of the way he looks. The judges are all stupid.

Anonymous said...

ARCHULETA ALL THE WAY! WHAT A HOT E AND HE WILL BE A STAR

Anonymous said...

Syesha is gonners.

Anonymous said...

I loved David Archuleta's "stand By Me." What a great rendition of a great song. All of you guys are whack

Anonymous said...

I loved David Archuleta's "stand By Me." What a great rendition of a great song. All of you guys are whack

Anonymous said...

The black bear weighs between 2 and 500 pounds. Brown bears weigh between 300 and over a thousand pounds.

Black bears run away from you. Brown bears run at you.

When attacked by a bear, simply lie still on the ground and cover your face and head with your hands. When the bear is finished batting at you and mauling you, contact the U.S. Forest Service.

Anonymous said...

You might be out with your friends on the weekend in a cool part of town and someone offers you a beer for $9.

Don't do it.

$9 is way too much to pay for a beer. Just walk away.

Anonymous said...

Some boys think they're sooo great.

But here's the deal.

They're not

lisa mc said...

What's the weird spam? Except for Dwight ... that's obviously amanda. ... haha.

My Castro's leaving. Sigh. I think this is all scaring the crap out of him, honestly. I'd be scared too. It's like Castromania out there.

I'm all for Cook now.

Anonymous said...

looks like someone was quoting the fake Public Service Announcements that the actors on the Office did