Tuesday, May 6, 2008

judges love archuleta, inexplicably

David Archuleta gets the last spot of the night.

Song: "Love Me Tender"

Me: It's a perfect choice for David's teenage fans -- and probably the judges, who are a bit excessive in their praise tonight -- but this performance doesn't do much for me. It might just be the genre, but the whole thing just comes off as way too saccharine. Same thing we've seen all season. The lack of edginess annoys me. Even with the spot-on vocals, there's nothing too memorable here, and I think I'd rather watch Jason stumble through "Mr. Tambourine Man" again."

Randy: "Another great performance for you."

Paula: "That was one of my favorite performances from you."

Simon: "You didn't beat the competition tonight. You crushed the competition."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shut up, simon.

this performance reeked.

Anonymous said...

This song was such an old man performance