Wednesday, May 14, 2008

cook helps us stall

Note: Does anyone else really like the clothes featured on tonight's Old Navy commercials? I think that stuff is hot.

Anyway, back to the show. It's David Cook's turn to recap his home visit. He also informs us it wasn't his idea to audition. He originally went to Omaha to be moral support for his little bro, who was auditioning.

Wow. Somebody must have some major jealousy issues right now.

Predictably, Cook's trip home is also characterized by lots of screaming girls. There's also a cute moment with him surprising his elementary school music teacher. Aww. No mention of the cancer-stricken brother, though.

Cook also ends up shedding some tears.

Ryan also erroneously says Cook's first tune last night, "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face," was originally by Chaka Khan.

Cook gets his celebratory footage against a soundtrack of Daughtry, something a little more reassuring of his future than, say, a tune by Fantasia.

Ryan corrects himself for the mishap, and I'm happy I caught it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

old navy stuff always looks good on the commercials.. but then i get to the store and nothing fits me or the material they used is crap

Anonymous said...

Old Navy stuff is the only stuff that fits me...too bad I can't get it where I live.

Anonymous said...

perhaps because you live in the middle east.... hmmm???

Anonymous said...

I'm too old to wear Old Navy stuff. Changing the subject...I couldn't understand a single damn word of that song that Fantasia sang last night. And that fire engine red hair! Yikes! What was she thinking?

Anonymous said...

The WORST performance on idol EVER! I still just don't get how on earth did she win the competition in season 3 with her screamy, screechy, nauseating voice. Perhaps that's why Jennifer Hudson is the most successful from that season. But the cut to simon's face made that episode worth it's all, despite the most predictable elimination ever.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I know who "anonymous" is.

Anonymous said...

ha there are officially six anonymous comments on this post.

and I'm adding seven.

Anonymous said...

two

Anonymous said...

three

Anonymous said...

four

Anonymous said...

five

Anonymous said...

six

Anonymous said...

seven