Tuesday, May 6, 2008

has syesha changed?

Next? Syesha, who parallels the civil rights movement (a pivotal point in time) to her stay on AI's top four. An equally pivotal point, right?

Song: "A Change Is Gonna Come"

Me: Again, like her much better with the fast stuff. Seems like she reverts too much to the belting mode. It's shrieky, over-the-top and just a little self-indulgent. Nothing too amazing, I think. Her appeal in recent weeks has been driven largely by theatrics and stage presence, and those elements seem to be missing here.

Randy: "The first song I loved, this one I did not love as much."

Paula: "You utilized everything that I was hoping you would use."

Simon: "I'm going to agree with Paula."

Syesha then enters an impromptu meltdown, which is either happy or sad. She blubbers about the civil rights movement, etc. Very awkward moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like her fast stuff better too.