Tuesday, April 24, 2007

believe in lakisha

4. LaKisha
Song: "I Believe"
Me: Whoa. Another song by a former Idol...a week after her failed attempt to do Carrie Underwood proud. This could be risky. Overall, it's a strong vocal, with a the exception of a slight stumble in the middle of the song. Her downfall? Song choice. There was no reason for her to pick a Fantasia song...aligning herself too strongly with former Idols (not to mention another single mother) makes her seem like a carbon copy. All in all, LaKisha just seem tired. She's lost the originality that initially labeled her a prime contender. I'm ready to see her go.
Randy: "I don't think it was your best performance, but I did like it though."
Paula: "I have a hard time getting past Fantasia."
Simon: "Again, I'm having an issue here with the shouting."
Score: 5/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of another top 7 contender in Idol History that had a more boring personality than BLAHkisha. If Idol was a competition to see what boring person can scream the loudest, than she would win hands down.