Tuesday, April 10, 2007

jordin + blake = muy caliente

6. Jordin Sparks...at one point in her critique, J-Lo says she reminds her of Michael Jackson. Sanjaya's going to be so jealous.
Song: "Rhythm is Gonna Get You"
Me: I think Jordin's my favorite contestant at this point, but this performance is definitely not one of her best. Even more alarmingly, she's wearing some serious '80s pants. Her singing is OK, but I'm missing the energy she exuded in weeks past. There just seems to be something a little off about this, but it's still notches above the other remaining female contestants.
Randy: "That was the yo factor on blast."
Paula: "You're so authentic and you're you."
Simon: "I haven't seen a progression, though, tonight."
Score: 8/10

7. Blake...chooses to kiss up to J-Lo by picking a song done by her husband, Marc Anthony. Good strategy.
Song: "I Need to Know"
Me: Cheers to the fan holding up a "Shake 'n Blake" sign. Anyway, tonight Blake looks like he's all dressed up for a cheap night in Cuba. Somewhere there's a vacant seat screaming his name at a lonely Havana cigar bar. That aside, this performance is hot. I think it's my favorite of the night. It's the only one to demonstrate any semblance of Latin flavor, and the vocals aren't too bad, either.
Randy: "Best song choice of the night for you."
Paula: "Very smart performance."
Simon: "Best choice of song of the night. Best performance so far."
Score: 9/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she wore the 80s pants because many hispanics are stuck in the 80s sorry it had to be said.
big surprise that you liked blake best again you like him best every night its because you want him badly

Anonymous said...

Typical. I hate "I need to know," so of course Blake would hate it. And Simon only said it was the best performance because Sunjaya hadn't gone yet.

Anonymous said...

At this point Blake and Jordin are my favorites and have the best total packages of any of the contestants. Melinda can sing as good as these two, but I think she gets a little boring, but not as boring as lakisha.