Tuesday, April 24, 2007

imagine blake

3. Blake Lewis...is lucky enough to get a viewer question. What's the biggest sacrifice he's made to be on AI? Answer: Being away from his family. Or not being able to sing a Cure song every week.
Song: "Imagine"
Me: This is pretty much classic Blake, sans beat-boxing. It reminds me of his take on Keane during the semifinals. And yes, he's totally wishing there was a Cure remake of this song, too. It's not a life-changing performance, though...and I'm slightly bothered by the way Blake has gone all emo in recent weeks. Initially, I praised him for his individuality, and while he still somewhat stands out from the pack, it seems as if he's opted to focus on the slow stuff in recent weeks. With mixed results.
Randy: "It was just kind of all right for me."
Paula: "It's the first real, sensitive, emotional performance that I've seen from you, Blake."
Simon: "It didn't really go anywhere...But I think the most important part was that you sang it with sincerity. So good."
Score: 6/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, Blake was my favorite tonight, but maybe I am just showing favoritism because he sang one of my all time favorite songs and did a good enough job. I still think Blake is the most original contestant and the top male performer.