Tuesday, April 3, 2007

smile, it's gina and sanjaya

6. Gina Glocksen
Song: "Smile"
Me: Honestly, I had very low expectations for Gina. This week's genre seemed to be the polar opposite of everything that comes to mind when you think of Gina. But I think she pulled it off. It was no Melinda, but I'm glad Gina's still in the competition. She gives an edge, and it's something that seems to come through even when she's pulling off a slow song. Not all fans might agree tonight.
Randy: "I thought that was a very, nice controlled performance."
Paula: Said something incoherent that kind of suggested she liked it.
Simon: "I can't rave about the vocals."
Score: 6/10

7. Sanjaya...Did Tony Bennett just say he's a huge fan of Sanjaya's? Yes.
Song: "Cheek to Cheek"
Me: Um, it wasn't horrible. It's Sanjaya's best performance of the season, but you know the limits of that analysis. I think he's entirely beyond the realm of talent now. There's no mohawk this week, though, a factor that could put him in some danger. Yeah right.
Randy: "What I like about you now is that you've turned into a great entertainer."
Paula: "I get why people like you."
Simon: "Let's try another tactic this week...um, incredible."
Score: Does it even really matter?

No comments: