Wednesday, April 18, 2007

friends in low places?


Lots to report today. First, I'm sticking with my original choices for the bottom three -- Phil, LaKisha and Chris -- but I'm expecting a surprise out of tonight's elimination. DialIdol, the Web site that claims to measure phone votes (with mixed results), actually put Phil, Chris and Jordin in last night's TOP three.

Which means Melinda, LaKisha, Blake and Sanjaya are all susceptible to the boot. We'll see about that.

I thought it was a slightly weak night for Blake, but it seems as if he has a teeny-bopper, beat-boxing fan base that Phil just can't compete with...even if he does have a quasi-natural talent for country tunes. As for Sanjaya...nobody's going to say he was good last night. Duh. It's just a question of measuring the force of voters looking to sabotage the show.

Vote-wise, he might rank up worse than prior weeks, since he didn't do anything nearly as shocking as the ponyhawk. But I just can't see him going home.

I still say Chris goes, but I'd be perfectly content with a surprise.

No comments: