Friday, April 6, 2007

let's get loud?


J-Lo will be the guest mentor on next week's episode of AI, according to this post from Entertainment Weekly.


No word on the genre the contestants will be working with, but I've heard they'll either be singing all J-Lo songs or tunes from a Latin genre. Wow. The possibilities for humor here are endless. Think Sanjaya singing "Love Don't Cost a Thing." Or "I'm Real." Or any J-Lo song. If he sports a Carmen Miranda fruit hat, consider me smitten.


In the meantime, I'm working on a longer post for early next week about -- you guessed it -- the Sanjaya phenomenon and why this season is in many viewers' opinions the lamest yet. So drop me your insights if you haven't already done so.


That aside, I am most definitely waiting for tonight. Or Tuesday night.


Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

bonnie: said...

just wanted to say thanks for writing it all up. I don't even get to watch it live, but I'm hooked! I'd buy Blake's CD if he won. I don't really care for the others. Melinda's got a great voice, but little personality. I might have to get bunny ears soon so's I can vote!

anyway, thanks.