Tuesday, April 10, 2007

chris plays it smooth

3. Chris Richardson...is advised by J-Lo to work on his pronunciation of Latin words. Cool.
Song: "Smooth"
Me: It's a really strange arrangement of the Rob Thomas/Santana song, and I kind of wish Chris would have chose "Maria, Maria" instead. Still, once I got past the weird arrangement, I guess I kind of liked it. My opinion of Chris' vocals fluctuates, but he remains one of my favorites just because he knows how to appeal to a contemporary audience and seems like he's at least fairly cognizant of the show's audience. Even if that means pulling a cheap imitation of Justin Timberlake.
Randy: "You did a really good job."
Paula: "It was a hot, hot performance."
Simon: "It was a good performance."
Score: 8/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOOOOOOO!!!! thats all i have to say

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Chris got a higher score than Melinda this week!! Are you sure that's accurate? While I agree Melinda was a bit off her game and Chris did better than usual, Melinda still surpasses the rest of the contestants. She'd be an 8 and Chris a 6.5