Tuesday, April 10, 2007

lakisha tries the conga

2. LaKisha Jones...J-Lo helps her pronounce "conga" and tells her she needs to work on her movement, and the two of them do a cute little movement sequence together. Hot.
Song: "Conga"
Me: I knew this week would be tough for the belters, and so far I'm right. I don't like this performance. It seems like another crowd disconnect, not to mention a relatively safe song choice. Again, it seemed like LaKisha just took the genre and found the song most worthy of a Whitney Houston version. It consisted of the same powerful notes we expect every week, and in my opinion nothing indicative of any kind of versatility. Plus, her dress is begging for a wardrobe malfunction.
Randy: "You were having the best time. You were having fun."
Paula: "I felt it was more of a real safe LaKisha performance."
Simon: "I actually do agree with Paula."
Score: 7/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

paula.....???? saying something original???? and simon agreeing with her??? what was up with that? anyway, I like LaKisha better than Melinda, but it's obvious that she's not who the judges are rooting for