Tuesday, April 3, 2007

chris and jordin get around, clear up

4. Chris Richardson
Song: "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"
Me: Wow. SOMEBODY is trying really hard to be like Justin Timberlake tonight. OK, maybe I'm just jealous he allegedly has a girlfriend now. Boo. This song sounds exactly like it would if J-Tim made a remake of it. Which is exactly why I love his performance. Nice job, Chris. I'm still bitter, though.
Randy: "That was very cool and young and hip."
Paula: "You didn't compromise."
Simon: "I thought that was very good, actually."
Score: 8/10

5. Jordin Sparks
Song: "On a Clear Day"
Me: Going into this performance, I have high hopes for Jordin. The genre is right up her alley, and vocally the song doesn't disappoint. That said, up until the end, the performance seemed almost a bit too goody-goody for me. Part of me wishes she would have found some edgy and/or contemporary take on this one. I had high expectations for her after she opted for the risky "Hey Baby" last week. Nonetheless, she seems to have a following, and should be safe. Maybe.
Randy: "That was the bomb again."
Paula: "You really are this magnet of joy." (And you are drunk, Paula.)
Simon: "I just think that you sang a song very well, but it was very old-fashioned and very traditional."
Score: 7/10

No comments: