Tuesday, April 17, 2007

jordin spreads her wings

2. Jordin...chooses to kiss up to Martina by picking one of her songs. Funny, she did the same thing with Gwen Stefani.
Song: "Broken Wing"
Me: Can't say I'm a huge fan of Jordin's stylist in recent weeks. Last week, she sported the '80s pants, and this week she's in this hippie gown that isn't exactly the most flattering thing in the entire world. That aside, the performance is strong, probably the best we've seen out of Jordin in recent weeks. Ironically, I like it for the same reason I liked Phil's -- she's finally showing some personality. Unlike last week's shaky performance, she seems in control of the stage and hits a killer high note at the end. It's almost good enough to make me dismiss her corny tears. Almost.
Randy: "That was the bomb, man."
Paula: "I think you did a fantastic job."
Simon: "I actually believe, based on that performance, you could win 'American Idol'."
Score: 9/10

No comments: