Wednesday, February 14, 2007

alaina, alaina, alaina

I'm ecstatic. We didn't even have to wait until the semifinals to get a filler promotional product placement sequence. This time, it was plugging "The Simpsons' Movie," and we got to see all the kids watch a TRAILER -- a TRAILER -- of the movie. Clearly, they're getting the celebrity treatment. I can't wait for the Ford commercials.
Oh, side note...forgive me for any missed details. One of my viewing partners just temporarily broke the TV. We're journalists, not electricians.
But back to the "in" crowd...we now have AJ, who tried out for AI five times. And who says persistence doesn't pay off? I have to admit, most of the finalists are pretty unknown. But I still have my gripes. One word: Alaina. First, she was wearing a giant sweater. Second, she wasn't good. Let's just say this already reinforces my move for the audience to vote people OFF, rather than on. See a future blog post on this topic soon.
On a more positive note...you know who's hot? Finalist Jared Cotter. Welcome back, Cotter. Mmmmmmm.
I'm also proud single mom Lakisha is advancing, in spite of the fact that she's a total Fantasia wannabe. I'll humor her through semifinals, but I'm hoping she won't advance too far.
I can't say I'm incredibly disappointed about any of the eliminations, although I was surprised to see some random chick named Princess get the boot. I guess AI isn't about royalty after all. Or, perhaps more accurately, Paula's the only one who can drunkenly don a tiara.

No comments: