Wednesday, February 28, 2007

bros and beyonce

6. Jordin Sparks...she finds inspiration in her brother. Keep reading for really creepy details.
Song: "Reflection"
Me: This performance is OK, but I'm sticking to my suspicion that Jordin will be gone relatively early. She lacks the vocal power, or outrageous personality, that ensures a contestant staying power. And also...was anyone else kind of wierded out when she started crying while thinking about her brother? Can you say Angelina Jolie syndrome?
Randy: "At 17 years old, where you are today is just unbelievable to me as a record producer."
Paula: "There's something about you that's infectious."
Simon: "It wasn't your best, but compared to a lot of other people, it was excellent."
Score: 7/10

7. Stephanie Edwards...she dedicated her performance to her mom and dad. Yawn.
Song: "Dangerously in Love"
Me: I like Stephanie. She lacks personality, but I like her. However, I hate Beyonce imitators, and that's what this song reminds me of. Some advice? Create your own idol. Don't imitate one.
Randy: "You sang your face off."
Paula: "I think so many people are going to be in love with Stephanie Edwards right now."
Simon: "I thought it was a terrific performance."
Score: 8/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simon was saying "compared to a lot of people" Jordin was excellent. "A lot of other people" = Antonella and Alaina. The two awesomely bad girls w/out A-game.
Stephanie -- I don't even remember if her singing was good or not, it was that boring.