Thursday, February 22, 2007

peace out paul

OK, looks like I overestimated the amount of time we'd have to wait before the first elimination. At just 8:13 Ryan Seacrest brought the entire second row of men on stage and said one was going home.
The row was comprised primarily of standouts like Blake Lewis, but it did include Nick Pedro, who was among my bets to go home. Of course, Sundance Head was there, too, but I'm going to stick with my suspicion that he will for weeks maintain a cult following. Plus, he has the Vote for the Worst vote.
Anyway, when it got down to Blake and barefoot Paul Kim, I really had no hope for Paul. OK, that's not true. I actually thought Seacrest was going to pull some trickery and say NOBODY in the back row was going home and the eliminated contestant was actually in the front row.
False. Paul got the boot with pretty much zero tact, and of course got the obligatory "at least you made it this far" from the judges. His problem? He chose a song that was "too big," according to the panel.
Then, we got the goodbye performance and that was that. Peace out.

No comments: