Tuesday, February 27, 2007

MY PICKS

OK, so we're all done. Half an hour early, courtesy of Jeff Foxworthy's new show. Which will last all of one week.
Now you want my picks for elimination. Here they are: Nick Pedro and Brandon Rogers. Why? Nick was in my picks last week, and I was sorry he didn't go home. He's boring and has no personality. He needs a niche audience and his rendition of "Fever" didn't do that this week.
And Brandon? His take on "Time After Time" was just awful, and I'm still a little agitated by his comment about how vocal performance doesn't matter as long as you're "feeling" the song. False. Sure, his shout-out to his grandma might score him some points, but I don't think his following is strong enough to make it really matter.
I realize these picks are somewhat risky, since they're clearly missing Sanjay Malakar. But here's the deal...I think he's going to maintain a cult following for at least another week. And I feel a Vote for the Worst endorsement coming on. Plus, his performance was so pitiful that he almost entered the realm of people voting for you just because they feel bad.
Another contender? Phil Stacey, who totally subjected himself to the curse of the first. But his performance was much more memorable than Rudy Cardenas', and I see a major military following here.
So I'm sticking with Nick Pedro and Brandon Rogers.
What do you guys think? What are your overall impressions of tonight's show?
Thanks for reading...see you for the Antonella Armageddon tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been voting for Chris for the past 20 minutes and haven't yet heard a busy signal. That's a bad sign, right?

Anonymous said...

By the way, a trapezoid has four sides.

Anonymous said...

I believe Phil Stacey is a very talented singer and we shouldn't loose sight of that. As for Blake, he is the most rounded talent this season. I think it is past due for Sanjay to return home. I just don't get it. I believe the judges kept the wrong Malakar family member.

Anonymous said...

actually they probably only kept Sanjay because there were so many more girls that tried out this year than guys... at least more girls with a speck of talent. I believe the judges mentioned this at one point. Anyway, if Sanjay had been a girl, it's doubtful that he would have even made it to hollywood.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree that Nick Pedro is going home. And probably Sanjay too, but it might be fun if he sticks around a couple more weeks so we'll have someone to make fun of.
Was Brandon Rogers the guy who sang "Time after Time"? If so, he's cute, so I don't think he'll get kicked off. Plus, the whole grandma thing might get some softies to vote for him.