Thursday, February 22, 2007

thoughts on tonight's eliminations

So how did I do? I predicted two eliminations correctly out of four. Fifty percent. I could have done better.
That said, I do have a few impressions about tonight's four losers:
1. Paul Kim...honestly, this one surprised me. Sure, his performance wasn't stellar, but I thought he'd be one to advance simply by representing something different, bare feet and all. In the end, I think his demise came from not plugging his uniqueness more overtly. I am sad to see him go, though.
2. Amy Krebs...same explanation. Lack of personality aside, I think her biggest flaw came in choosing a slow song for the first round of semifinals. You just really can't do that. 'Nuff said.
3. Nicole Tranquillo...I hate to submit to an AI cliche, but her elimination is 99.9 percent about song choice. I'm with Paula...Nicole's voice never bothered me. But who devotes round one to a relatively unknown Chaka Khan song? She likely would have been safe even if she opted for "I Feel for You." Listen, people...never underestimate the power of sing-alongs.
4. Rudy Cardenas...this is Exhibit A in the case for the curse of the first. If you're the first singer, you better bring it with something outstanding. Like Stephanie in the women's round this week. But if you don't...people will forget you. People will tune in late and not see you. People will turn the TV off before your recap appears. Remember that for next time, Rudy.
And there you go. Thoughts? Upsets? Write back with feelings and predictions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH I AM SO SAD THAT PAUL WAS KICKED OFF! SO SAD THAT I AM E-SCREAMING! Ok, but seriously, he was such a hottie. Not even his face, really, but what a hot bod. And those feet. I wish I was in Hollywood last night because I would have given him a darned good footrub.
I guess it's a good thing that Nicole got kicked off, because when they were showing her, I literally said, "Who is that? Was she on the show last night?"
Anyway, she seems mean anyway. Something conniving about her... like she'd go on a secret "business" lunch and not invite her co-workers.

Anonymous said...

Antonella is a hottie! I am glad she's still on the show. Viva Antonella por SIEMPRE!