Tuesday, February 27, 2007

a geek and a cyndi wannabe

8. Brandon Rogers...inspired by his grandma. Cool. I might start crying now.
Song: "Time After Time"
Me: Um, he kind of sounds awful. There's nothing really good about this performance. But he deserves mad props for pulling off a pink shirt. There's something really wrong here. It sounds like he's off the music.
Randy: "I don't think, dawg, it really did enough for you vocally to show what you've got."
Paula: "I felt your heart. You don't have to over-sing."
Simon: "All this 'I'm feeling it nonsense' doesn't work."
Score: 4/10

9. Chris Richardson...inspired by his grandma, who he also called his "Big Momma." Yeah.
Song: "Geek in Pink"
Me: Wow. Somebody is trying to be J-Tim. Or Blake Lewis. Seriously, I don't know what to think of him. Actually, I think he's one of the most vocally talented guys here. However, I wonder if choosing such a relatively unknown song will hurt him at all tonight. But overall, this is unique, energetic, fun...everything that a good performance is supposed to be. I'd say even slightly better than Blake.
Randy: "Chris is in it to win it tonight."
Paula: Some incoherent musing.
Simon: "For me, best tonight by a mile."
Score: 9.5/10

2 comments:

Amanda said...

sonya, you are SO just copying Simon with your ratings. 9.5?!!!! Chris Slye was the best tonight, way better than the JTim wannabe. I don't like his voice. He's lame. I bet Big Mama has a better voice.

Anonymous said...

how on earth did they both dedicate those to their grandmothers and yet still be so different. I wonder if chris's big momma actually likes his singing. my guess is that she hates it and tells him that every time he asks.