Tuesday, February 27, 2007

succulent men. kind of.

So we're back with another week...this time, the personal sequence theme is naming your aspiration. And Jeff Foxworthy is in the audience. Awesome.

1. Phil Stacey...his inspiration? Membership in the military. And the heroes of "the September the 11th."
Song: "Missing You"
Me: Is it bad that I'm kind of wishing Phil didn't have a wife? Who was giving labor during his audition? Seriously, though, this is a pretty good performance...but it's driven primarily by Phil's likeability. It seems like he really reached his element at the end of the song, though.
Randy: "That was hot, Phil."
Paula: "I can hear you right now on the radio." (probably because you're hallucinating, Paula.)
Simon: "I think you're very popular...I think you have a completely unoriginal voice...I'm still not hearing anything unique."
Score: 6/10

2. Jared Cotter...he finds inspiration in his mom and dad, although I would have guessed Martin Scorsese. Looks like he stole his eyebrows.
Song: "Let's Get it On"
Me: Yes, I'll get it on with you. Totally. And did you guys see Sundance Head gyrating in the background? Anyway, this performance is kind of mediocre, with really no uniqueness. Until the end. Kind of. But again, not too many vocal challenges.
Randy: "I kind of liked it."
Paula: "That's the kind of song, though, that you don't have to push on. No pun intended."
Simon: "It did remind me, though, of the Loveboat."
Jared's comeback: "That would have been a good Loveboat, though."
Score: 5/10

3. AJ Tabaldo...inspiration from -- big surprise -- his parents. Let's get some creativity here, people.
Song: "Feeling Good."
Me: Whoa. This is like a really weird burlesque performance that I may or may not have seen in a Chippendale's video. That's OK, though, because believe it or not, I love this performance. Props to him for doing something different and making me like my once-least favorite contestant.
Randy: "It was so much better than last week."
Paula: "You have a real, real (times 16) good voice."
Simon: "That was actually nearly very good."
Score: 8/10

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ok, I don't even remember Phil Stacey from the weeks before, but I really liked his voice. It was deep and moody. I'm liking him so far best out of the guys.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

look at sunjaya hes wearing earings!

Amanda said...

Sunjaya looks like Michael Jackson in that hat.
But about the other guys -- I wasn't that into Jared's rendition of Marvin Gaye... It's one of my favorite songs and he didn't do it justice. Plus he looks weird when he tries to dance. Very stiff and awkward. The hand over the face was sexy, though.
And AJ is such a cutie! He looks just like my 11-year-old cousin. I think his song was strange, but it was better than Jared. So far, Phil is winnng in my book.

Anonymous said...

whatever, jared cotter has a hot body and a hot voice. he knows it too. he was making love with his voice to all the little girls out there that he knows will vote for him after the show. i think he's going to go far. top 5 definitely.