Tuesday, February 20, 2007

king of pop, king of flop

2. Brandon Rogers...his personal sequence reveals his success in Hollywood, and reminds us of his former -- maybe -- role as a background singer.
Song: "Rock With You"
Me: Stellar, but only because I'm partial to the King of Pop. Overall, the performance is high energy, but some of the low notes seem a bit off. His upper register (I feel so cool saying that) is awesome though. Start of the song was better than the conclusion.
Randy: "It was definitely a little pitchy...you don't have to do 'so much' with the song."
Paula: Less background runs
Simon: "It was just a very, very safe and predictable song to do."
Score: 7/10

3. Sundance Head...we're reminded that Simon predicted his success, but he essentially failed miserably in Hollywood. And we learned he had an "emotional breakdown" in Hollywood.
Song: Something involving white knights and "yes I love you."
Me: I don't really like this. OK, I hate it. Where's the guy who auditioned? This performance is way too slow. What a downer. Let's just say that when your name is Sundance, you need to make us happy. I've never seen such an awful transformation.
Randy: "I don't even think you were on pitch the whole song."
Paula: "I think you picked the wrong song."
Simon: "You've gone right off since we first saw you...Tonight you were like dad at a wedding...Very old-fashioned, very uninspiring...I didn't like you tonight."
Score: 3/10

No comments: