Tuesday, February 20, 2007

gotta have faith

4. Paul Kim...we learned he tried out for AI because he's "getting old." Twenty-five whopping years. Imagine that. Oh, and he always performs in bare feet. Wow.
Song: That song about never dancing again unless I dance with you.
Me: I'm warming up to him as the performance goes on, but he lacked energy at first. OK, I really don't like this performance at all. It's just way too stiff and...I'm pulling a Randy/Paula/Simon here...pitchy.
Randy: "I don't know if I loved this song on you...I still like your potential."
Paula: "You kind of over-sang the song."
Simon: Criticized his bare feet..."I just thought it was a very ordinary attempt to copy George Michael...You've got to come out here and wow and you're not wowing."
Score: 4/10
*Note: Ryan Seacrest just showed up on the stage in bare feet. Hot.*

5. Chris Richardson...such a Justin Timberlake wannabe..."I take it as a compliment," he said of the comparisons to the star. He's trying to be an individual, yada, yada, yada. He just wants to "rock out."
Song: I Don't Wanna Be...Gavin DeGraw
Me: I think it's pretty good, but I have to say I'm kind of captivated by the J-Tim resemblance. Is that bad? He sings like J-Tim, too. Thank God for some energy in the competition...finally. Did I mention he looks like Justin Timberlake? Oh, and he's way cuter than his parents, but he's really not that cute. (That comment came from my viewing partner.)
Randy: "I feel like the show just started right here."
Paula: "Great arrangement...It was a lot of fun. Way to go."
Simon: "I thought your voice sounded very small in that song...I thought it was a bad vocal, personally."
Score: 8/10

No comments: